03 August 2011

Anniversary Uke Complete!


Well, the bad news is I didn't really use the included instructions and barely turned on the damn DVD that cost an extra $20. The good news is it seemed to come out just fine. In all actuality I would rather have just had a plain old blueprint along with the instructions. It's a little ridiculous that the kit doesn't have an actual diagram of the finished product with dimensions and such.

It's a little (see how small it is in my hand?) soprano ukulele. The finish is another simple oil application, which I like more and more every time I use one. It's super easy and produces reasonably handsome results.

I don't think I'd do another soprano unless I can source pre-bent sides somewhere (of course, neither of the suppliers I know does pre-bent uke sides outside of this Stew Mac kit.) I'd be totally willing to try a tenor, though. So if you know someone who might like a hand-made ukulele for Christmas or other special occasions, please let me know. I do have some ideas that might even be kind of cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment