14 July 2011

Anniversary Uke

So this (http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Kits/Ukulele_Kits/Soprano_Ukulele_Kit.html) is Mel's anniversary gift from me. She knows what's going on - considering I'll be making the damn thing in the next room, it'll be pretty hard to hide what's going on.

So, it came in today, along with some finishing supplies and the DVD. I'll probably just watch that on the laptop as I go, more or less. And you, lucky readers, will get day-by-day updates. Here's the kit as it looks out of the box:


And here's the body with a standard, mass-market sized paperback. It's tiny. Which I correctly guessed would be Mel's preference. It seems like there's a joke I'm missing there...



Anyway, the little bit of tooling up I need to do (clamps and glue, mostly) will be done in the morning. Home Depot, here I come (I hope you'll help me out with a jig...)

No comments:

Post a Comment